Amsterdenim B.V. (hereafter: “Amsterdenim”) consider the protection of your privacy and safety very important. (Nederlands: Algemene Voorwaarden)
When you visit this website, place an order, subscribe for the newsletter, ask us a question or participate in a contest or survey on this website, we ask you to submit, among other things, your name, address, bank and/or payment details. Amsterdenim will use these data for the following purposes:
- to provide and invoice our services;
- to process your order and to inform you on its progress;
- to provide you with information on Amsterdenim products and activities;
- to provide information to third parties if this is necessary for them to be able to perform their work for Amsterdenim or by virtue of any legal obligations;
- to answer any questions you may have.
- Finally, we record information (among other things the IP address used) for composing user statistics and for securing the website.
You have the right to inspect the data recorded by Amsterdenim concerning you at any time. If (part of) these data are incorrect, you may request Amsterdenim to adjust, supplement, remove or screen those data. Please send your request to: email@example.com or by regular mail: Amsterdenim B.V. , Spijkerkade 11, 1021 JS Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If you do not wish to receive any marketing information on Amsterdenim, its organisation or its products, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser on your computer, mobile or other handheld device, while you are browsing a website. Cookies may be used to store your passwords and user ID’s, preferences of start pages, ordering status on a website, personalisation or website tracking (eg targeted marketing). The information stored in a cookie may later be read from your browser in order to –among other functions- deliver a page tailored to you or to automatically log in. Personal information can only be stored in a cookie if you yourself have provided the website that places the cookie with that personal information.
SECURING PERSONAL DATA
Amsterdenim ensures an appropriate degree and method of securing personal data. Therefore, Amsterdenim aims at having data transmitted safely between your computer and our server. Amsterdenim has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of illegal processing.
AMSTERDENIM AND OTHER WEBSITES
GDPR / AVG UPDATE
At Amsterdenim we take privacy seriously and will only use personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
> Who is collecting the data?
Amsterdenim collects data from you, through our interactions with you on the platforms we use such as Mailchimp, regular emails or when purchasing a product with us.
Purchasing one of our products requires some personal data to deliver the product with you. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with a product or feature, we are not able to deliver the product with you.
We handle your data with respect and make sure we only ask the required data and will never ask for information that is not needed in order to purchase one of our products or, when signed up to our newsletter, to keep you informed on our mission towards a circular fashion industry.
> What data is being collected?
Collected data – when making a purchase – consists of
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Order history
- When making an order with us you can always return your products for recycling. That’s why keep your order profiles. Pending, returned and deleted orders will be deleted after 2 months.
Collected data – when signing up for our newsletter – consists of
- Email address
- First and last name are optional
Collected data – when visiting our website – consists of
- Google Analytics usage profile
> What is the legal basis for processing the data?
Your data is used to process your order and manage your account. And to keep you informed on our mission and to deliver the best customer service.
> Will the data be shared with any third parties?
- Security of personal data
Amsterdenim is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities.
> How will the information be used?
This varies per channel.
- Information provided with an order is solely used for that purpose. We will send you several emails related to your order such as a confirmation. In one of those emails we may ask you to opt-in to receiving marketing related information.
- When signed up for our newsletter we use your data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in all email we send.
- When sending us a regular email or using LiveChat we will not use your details for marketing purposes.
> How long will the data be stored for?
This varies per channel.
- Information provided with a succeeded order is saved forever. For the reason that people can send back their old Amsterdenim products for recycling. We have to have an overview with details from everybody who made an order with us.
When an order is returned, pending or cancelled the personal data will only be stored for two months.
- When signed up for our newsletter we use your data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in all email we send. Deleted subscribers will be terminally deleted after 2 months.
- When sending Amsterdenim a regular email your data will be saved for two years. This is the amount of time we see as important to refer back to conversations or find back contacts. After the two years, data will automatically be deleted.
> What rights does the data subject have?
Users of all different channels we use (Mailchimp, Emails) have the rights as stated below.
- If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
- You have the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
This privacy statement may be changed as a result of any adjustments and/or changes to the website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis.
1021 JS Amsterdam
Note: Amsterdenim B.V. is a fully owned subsidiairy of De Dam Holding B.V. Amsterdenim "The Amsterdam Jeans Brand" operates under the exclusive license of Warmoestraat B.V. based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Amsterdenim name, logo and AAA logo are registered trademarks of Warmoestraat B.V. Trademark infringements and counterfeits will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.